Views:0 Author:Gigi Publish Time: 2021-09-25 Origin:Site
5-HTP is a natural amino acid in the human body and a chemical precursor of serotonin.
Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that helps produce chemicals that make us feel good. The human body produces serotonin through the following pathways: tryptophan→5-HTP→serotonin.
There is very little 5-HTP in food. Generally, manufacturers use seeds of Griffonia simplicifolia (an African plant) to produce 5-HTP nutritional supplements. Some people believe that taking 5-HTP can increase the serotonin content in the body, and serotonin deficiency is related to many diseases, such as depression.
5-HTP is usually sold as a herbal supplement (linkedin.com/in/factory-herbextract). Based on known animal and human experiments, 5-HTP may have the following health benefits:
1. Promote sleep, improve sleep quality, and extend sleep time;
2. Treatment of arousal disorders, such as sleep terrors and somnambulism;
3. Treatment and prevention of obesity (reduce cravings for unhealthy foods and increase satiety);
4. Treat depression;
5. Relieve anxiety;
6. Treatment of fibromyalgia, myoclonus, migraine and cerebellar ataxia.
Disadvantages of 5-HTP as a supplement and medicine，The half-life of 5-HTP is very short (1.5-2 hours), which limits its therapeutic potential (fast in and out). Research from Duke University in the United States has shown that the use of sustained-release forms of 5-HTP supplements/drugs can significantly improve its safety, stabilize 5-HTP exposure to plasma, and enhance the function of brain serotonin.
The dosage of 5-HTP ranges from 20-3250mg/day. In the treatment of depression, the most common dosage of 5-HTP is 200-300mg/day (taken in 3-4 times).
For ordinary people, the common usage (dose) of 5-HTP is: 25mg/day in the first week, and then increase the dose once a week until it reaches 50-100mg/day. Please read the product label carefully before using 5-HTP supplements.
1. Taking 5-HTP may increase serotonin content, but it may also deplete or reduce the content of other neurotransmitters (dopamine and norepinephrine). Therefore, taking 5-HTP for a long time may aggravate the following diseases: attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, depression, generalized anxiety disorder, obesity, Parkinson's disease and seasonal affective disorder. Some people suggest that while taking 5-HTP, use supplements that can increase the body's dopamine content, such as tyrosine and levodopa;
2. Heartburn, abdominal pain, nausea, dizziness, vomiting, diarrhea, drowsiness, sexual problems, nightmares and muscle problems.
In short, please consult your physician before using 5-HTP supplements. In addition, avoid taking 5-HTP with other herbs/health supplements that may cause drowsiness, such as chamomile and melatonin.
7Floor,Xigao Intelligent building, Gaoxin 3rd road, High-tech zone,Xi’an Shaanxi, China